In order to participate in Connecticut History Day , teachers and students must complete a registration through the on-line registration process. To register, you will be asked to complete a series of simple forms that can be accessed by clicking on the status page links. Between each form, you will be able to check the overall status of your registration to see what remains to be completed. You may also leave any form and come back later to complete the registration process.
Registration for the Connecticut Regional Contests opens on November 1, 2015 and closes at 11:59 p.m. on Monday, February 1, 2016. Registration fees for the Regional Contests are also due on February 1.. Please check this page for more information!
$5 Regional Contest
$10 State Contest
• Please check and double check that your email address is correctly entered. Otherwise, you will not receive important History Day information.
• Earthlink reads History Day emails as junk mail. If you have an earthlink account, please use a different email address for the registration process.
• Home School: Parents are suggested to register as a teacher, i.e. Mrs. Jane Doe as John Doe's teacher, and identify their as school as "Doe Family Home School."
• Before sending payment to the Old State House, please make sure you have clicked "Ready to Pay?" under the registration tab and printed the payment sheet to mail with your payment. This can be done by either teachers or students.
• You must include the unique part (number) of the URL for your website entry. For example: If your URL is http://854132697.nhd.weebly.com you would include the number 854132697 as your URL submission. If your URL is not included, your project cannot be judged.
• A week prior to the contest, Websites will be locked and unable to be changed. Please make sure your website is completed AND PUBLISHED by this date or it will be judged in its unfinished format!
• Websites must have the annotated bibliography and process paper included as part of the website. There are no paper components to website entries.
*Make checks payable to "Connecticut Public Affairs Network (CPAN) at OSH"
Payment can be mailed to:
Connecticut's Old State House
800 Main St.
Hartford, CT 06103